As a Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) based in Hawaii, I have the wonderful opportunity to capture people, places and things at their best. As a Portrait Artist, I am blessed with the unique opportunity to create photographs of milestones in my client's lives - engagements, elopements, honeymoons, anniversaries, graduating seniors and family portraits.
I love talking with my clients to truly understand who they are and how I can capture what they envision for their homes. I consider it an honor when someone connects with my work and invites me to be part of a significant time in their lives. I get to do what I love, people look their best and we all have fun. What’s better than that?
What's my style? I try to combine my passion for design, emotion, movement, light and a sense of place to each of my photographs. I started as a fine art photographer with a specialty in macro photography. My job as a PPA Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) and CPP Liaison is about passion meeting vision and having great clients as my subjects! CPP Liaisons assist candidates and existing CPPs as subject matter experts and sources of information. Each liaison must maintain his or her certification and PPA membership, and is entrusted with responsibilities to maintain the integrity of the program. I truly love what I do and capturing photographs full of life.
I have been blessed with many invitations and opportunities in my life and career. Here are some other accolades and achievements I have been honored to receive:
• Featured in the LA Times for my work.
• Listed as one of Maui's Finest Photographers in the Absolute Maui book.
• Teaching Artist and Faculty member at Maui's Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center currently leading Photography Workshops.
• Selected to photograph the late U.S. Senator from Hawaii and Medal of Honor recipient, Daniel K. Inouye, the highest-ranking Asian American politician in U.S. history.
• Interviewed by National Public Radio's Hawaii Public Radio and the Professional Photographers of America for my work as an artist and photographer.
• Featured photographer in the Hawaii Romance Guide as a partner with Hawaii Tourism Oceania.
• Photographs are regularly featured in the Maui News, Maui No Ka Oi Magazine, On Maui Magazine and Centerpiece Magazine
• Photographs have been featured in Alaska Airlines Magazine, Pacific Weddings Magazine's Love Notes, Borrowed & Blue Hawaii, Maharani Weddings, Maui Wedding Planner and Honeymoon & Destination Wedding Professionals.
• Still Photographer for Maui's first motion picture comedy entitled "Get a Job" featuring Hawaii's top entertainers and celebrities
• Photographs are currently exhibited at the Te Papa National Museum of New Zealand, Oahu's Queen's Medical Center, and Kaiser Permanente Maui. My fine art photographs can be viewed at www.thevisualspa.com
• Portrait photographs published in the Faces of Hawaii book 2009, 2010, 2011 for HI Art Magazine.
PPA Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) and CPP Liaison based in Hawaii. Active member of the Professional Photographers of America (PPA), Wedding and Portrait Photographers International (WPPI). Only female member of the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) in the state of Hawaii.
As the principal photographer for the Maui Arts and Cultural Center, I have had the honor to capture musical icons including musical legends and celebrities from Hawaii and around the globe including:
The Four Tops
The Beach Boys
The Steve Miller Band
Three Dog Night
The Doobie Brothers
Tower of Power
Earth, Wind and Fire
I am a glamorous 6’ woman trapped in a 5’ body with an 8' personality. Wearing pearls is a tribute to my Southern heritage, and I refuse to apologize for loving hot pink. Nothing from Patagonia, Dior or Banana Republic should be considered an indulgence.
I believe Nature + Untouched = Perfection.
My favorite yoga pose is on the sandy ocean floor, eyes closed, listening to the whales singing for as long as I can hold my breath.
I discovered a handshake could change your life forever when the Dalai Lama took my hand in his. It showed me that love and compassion can change the world.
Like my dad, I enjoy a good practical joke and I am not embarrassed to say I travel with a pair of fake buck teeth in my purse for those perfectly spontaneous occasions.
My love of international travel started with a trip to England. Since then, I have lived, worked, studied and traveled to 14 countries on 5 continents. My favorite travel experiences included photographing mountain gorillas in Uganda, diving in Palau, working with the Carib Indians in Dominica, diving the coast of Sulawesi, living on the island of Kalymnos in Greece, capturing the people and rural life in Ukraine and photographing majestic New Zealand. I have also enjoyed adventures in Pohnpei, Kosrae, France, Australia, Vietnam, Thailand and Ukraine.
I never leave home without a colorful bikini, comfy flip-flops and a plush beach towel just in case a white sandy beach seduces me. I am happiest when I am sandy, sweaty, dirty or wet - I know that's the sign of a great adventure.
I believe Maui sunsets were created to enhance a bottle of chilled champagne, a bucket of fried chicken and Ghirardelli dark chocolate with salted caramel.
My husband and I currently enjoy life on Maui with our two golden retrievers between the island's white sand beaches and the slopes of Haleakala volcano.